ANDOVER — Andover Police Department is asking resident and kids to be careful this Halloween when out trick-or-treating.
They offered the following tips to kids and parents.
• Children should always be supervised by an adult.
• Don’t go into homes of strangers, stay on the porch.
• Don’t eat treats until examined by a parent.
• Use a flashlight if out past dark.
• Trick-or-treat as a group.
• wear light colored fireproof material costumes.
• Don’t wear masks that impair vision.
• Use sidewalks when possible.
• Wear conformable shoes.
• Cross streets at the corners and not between parked cars or diagonally at an intersection.
• Tell your kids to call 911 if there is an emergency.